5 Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
1. Drinking Coffee Protects You From Certain Types Of CancerDrinking coffee has been shown to result in a lower risk of liver cancer . Multiple studies have shown that consuming coffee results in up to 40% decrease in liver cancer. It also results in a 15% reduction in colorectal cancer. Liver and colorectal cancer are the 3rd and 4th leading causes of cancer worldwide.
Drinking coffee has been shown to result in a lower risk of liver cancer . Multiple studies have shown that consuming coffee results in up to 40% decrease in liver cancer. It also results in a 15% reduction in colorectal cancer. Liver and colorectal cancer are the 3rd and 4th leading causes of cancer worldwide.
2. Drinking Coffee Lowers Your Risk Of Stroke
Drinking coffee has shown to reduce your risk of stroke by 20% in studies. It is often claimed that caffeine increases your blood pressure. That is true but the effect is mild and goes away quickly. Coffee drinkers do not have an increased risk of heart disease and have a slightly lower risk of stroke.
3. Drinking Coffee Reduces Your Risk Of DiabetesA study in Singapore found that drinking 4 or more cups of coffee results in a 30% reduction in the risk of type 2 diabetes. This study was done on Asian men and women and is part of a wide body of international studies which show coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of type 2 diabetes, a serious condition that affects millions of people worldwide.
4. Drinking Coffee Reduces Your Risk Of Alzheimer’s And Parkinson’sAlzheimer’s disease which causes dementia is the most common neurodegenerative disease worldwide. This disease affects older people and there’s no cure. Studies have shown that coffee drinkers have a 65% less risk of developing Alzheimer’s. Coffee drinkers also have up to 60% less risk of getting Parkinson’s disease – the second most common neurodegenerative disease worldwide.
5. Drinking Coffee Reduces Your Risk Of DepressionA study by Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) study found that drinking several cups of coffee daily reduces the risk of suicide in both men and women by 50%. The caffeine in coffee stimulates the central nervous system and boosts production of dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline, which brightens your mood.
There are many health benefits to drinking coffee for most people. However, if you are caffeine sensitive, breastfeeding, or pregnant, you should pay attention to your caffeine intake. For all others, moderate amounts of coffee drinking will be beneficial for your health. It can impart important health benefits like lower risk of certain types of cancers, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and even help fight depression!
Share this article with your friends if you find it useful