Ready to eat
Health Benefits of Pecans:
1. Heart Healthy Pecan nuts contain monounsaturated fats such as oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants which help reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. Improves Digestion Pecan nuts prevent constipation and reduce the risk of hemorrhoids and colitis by cleaning out the gastrointestinal system.”
3. Helps with Weight Loss Consuming nuts enhances satiety and increases metabolism, research has indicated that a diet comprising pecan nuts helps in losing weight. The nuts are also very rich sources of several important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates which together help increase the rate of metabolism.
4. Reduces the Risk of Certain Cancer Pecan nuts protect the human body from cancer due to the anti-proliferative properties of ellagic acid which inhibit DNA binding of certain carcinogens such as nitrosamines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
5. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits Pecans are rich in magnesium which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
6. Boosts Immunity Pecans are a rich source of manganese which is a powerful antioxidant. This trace mineral protects your nerve cells from free-radical damage, thus boosting immunity and protecting the body from diseases, infections, etc.” Skin Benefits and Hair Benefits of Pecans: Pecan nuts are an excellent source of vitamin-E, vitamin-A, zinc, folate and phosphorous which play an important role in maintaining good skin.
7. Prevents Skin Problems The toxins inside your body cause breakouts, dullness and excess oil. Pecans are packed with fiber and aid in eliminating these toxins and waste from the body, thereby improving the appearance of your skin. Pecan nuts also contain vitamin A and zinc which help achieve a clear complexion and protect against skin infections.
8. Anti-aging Benefits Pecan nuts contain numerous antioxidants including ellagic acid, vitamin A and vitamin E which fight and eliminate the free radicals responsible for causing premature skin aging.
9. Stimulates Hair Growth Pecans are an excellent source of L-arginine, an amino acid which, when applied topically helps treat male pattern baldness as well as encourage the growth of healthy hair. L-arginine helps increase flexibility of the artery walls and makes them less prone to blood clots.
10. Prevents Hair Loss Lack of iron in the body leads to anemia which is one of the common causes of hair loss. But pecans are a good source of iron and hence, combat hair loss.
Packaging shown are for illustration purpose Only. Actual packaging may vary subject to availability.